Altum Capital is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out how we collect and use your personal information, why we use it, with whom we share it, the rights to which you may be entitled and your choices about our use of your personal information in line with GDPR.
What kind of information do we process
We will collect and use your personal information when you register and when you subscribe to use our products and services.
Personal information that we may process in connection with services includes:
- Personal contact details; which may include title, name, address, job tile, email address and phone numbers
- Products and services; you have made enquiries about
- Job applications; if you apply for a position advertised on our website, we will collect information on your CV including references, education history and employment history, in addition to personal contact details.
We may share your information with some third parties where relevant or where you have agreed for this to happen. Altum Capital does not provide your details to third parties for any marketing or promotional purposes, only where you have given your consent to do so.
Why we collect your information
There are a number of reasons as to why we collect your information. Below outlines a variety of purposes:
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- For direct communications related to helping us to offer you relevant products and services
- To understand the type of products or services our customers use
- To provide an understanding of our customers, helping us improve our products or services or to assess or improve the operational nature of our business
How long do we retain your information
We will retain your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary to do so. It will depend on factors such as whether you have any contractual agreements in place with us or have interacted with us on recent offers. We routinely refresh our information to ensure it is kept up to date.
Certain types of information for compliance with legal requirements relating to our anti-fraud / anti-money laundering / know your customer obligations. If this information is not provided we cannot agree to provide a product or service for you.
Your personal information may also be processed if it is necessary on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the defence of a legal claims. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
Information that we share
There are certain circumstances where we may transfer your personal data to employees, contractors and to other service providers.
- We may share your information with certain contractors or service providers. Our suppliers and service providers will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The information we provide them, including your information, will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function.
- We may also share your information with certain third parties. We will do this either when we receive your consent or because we need them to see your information to provide products or services to you.
Your personal information may be transferred to other third party organisations in certain scenarios:
- If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of our business – the information may be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable terms as to confidentiality;
- If we are reorganised or sold, information may be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide services to you;
- If we’re required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example the Police;
- If we are defending a legal claim your information may be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the right to your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the data that you had previously given us consent to use. There will be no consequences for withdrawing your consent. However, in some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so such as having an outstanding contract between us or where the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe. We have physical, technical and administrative measures in place to prevent unauthorised access or use of your information.
Changes to the policy
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website – www.altumcapital.co.uk
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.